Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Journey

19 years ago I became a mom for the first time.
I was 21 years old.
Ever since I can remember I have wanted nothing more than to be a Mom.
I never aspired to be a doctor or a high-class executive...just a Mom.

Since my first baby was born I have learned countless lessons....mainly that being a
Mom is not choosing to be 'just a Mom.' Because let's be real...after 19 years of mothering
I am pretty much a doctor, a high-class executive (minus the tailored suits), a chef,
a psychologist, a teacher, a referee, a chauffuer, a maid etc etc etc.

This job is more than a 24/7 calling. It's a journey.
It's exhausting, fun, heartbreaking, scary, hilarious, infuriating, and amazing all in one!
I am a different person than I was 19 years ago....I would like to think I'm better and stronger.
I'm definitely more tired but I'm so much wiser and stronger.

I have been fortunate enough to stay home with my kids as they have grown.
This was my choice from the beginning.
I do not belittle a Mom who chooses to juggle a career outside the home with her job inside her home.
I applaud that mother's ability to do so.
Every Mom needs to choose what works for them and for those who choose to stay home but are
forced to work.....I applaud you as well.

I don't claim to 'know it all' and I welcome others' opinions and advice.
I think that's an essential part of the journey.
I'm excited to share my stories, experiences and thoughts about MY mothering journey so...
here goes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment